Truck toolboxes are secure storage devices and they can help you organize your pickup truck. Adding an aftermarket toolbox to your truck bed is also a great idea to add value to your truck...it’s one of those rare aftermarket modifications that may increase its appeal with potential new owners. That said, if you’re considering a truck toolbox for your Silverado, you might be wondering what size toolbox for a Chevy Silverado 1500 you need. We can help.
When choosing a toolbox for a full-size truck, you will need to know the width and height of the truck bed.
What Is the Bed Size of a Chevy Silverado 1500?
On the latest Chevrolet Silverado 1500, the dimensions for each bed size are as follows:
- Short bed: 71.40 in x 69.92 in
- Standard bed: 71.40 in x 79.44 in
- Long bed: 71.40 in x 98.18 in
If you're looking for a toolbox for a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500, or any other model then you should measure your truck bed. This way, you are sure to find what size toolbox for a Chevy Silverado 1500 you need.
How Wide is a Standard Full Size Truck Toolbox?
A standard truck toolbox has a typical range between 69 inches and 72 inches wide. Keep this in mind when you select a full-size toolbox for your truck because not all truck toolboxes can fit all truck models.
How to Select the Perfect Full-Size Toolbox for a Chevy Silverado 1500
You will need to measure the length, width, and depth of your truck bed as this will ensure the truck toolbox you choose will fit. Your truck toolbox should fit snugly without blocking any components of your truck or greatly reducing the cargo space you need.
To measure your truck bed, you will need to take measurements for:
- The bed depth: This is the distance from the lowest point of your truck bed to the top of the bed rails. This measurement is the maximum height your truck toolbox should be.
- Outer bed rail width: this is the distance between the driver and passenger bed rails of your truck from the outer edges.
- Inner bed rail width: this is the distance between the driver and passenger bedrails from the inside of the bed rails. This will determine the maximum width of the truck toolbox.
- Length: This is the length of the truck bed from the bulkhead to the tailgate.
You should also consider all of your storage needs and what type of toolbox you need for your truck. There are many types of truck toolboxes to consider when determining what size of the toolbox for a Chevy Silverado 1500 you may need.
Browse Chandler Truck Accessories for Your Trunk Bed Needs
Ready to invest in a rugged, versatile toolbox? Chandler Truck Accessories has a variety of accessories to hold equipment in your heavy-duty industrial vehicle.
Shop truck toolboxes today.